Naija is the main character of the indie game Aquaria. She's an unlockable character for the PC/Mac/Linux versions of the game for collecting 50 bandages.
By holding Special (Shift on keyboard) in mid-air, Naija will float very slowly. Upon releasing Shift, Naija will dash upward extremely fast. However, her jump is short, making her not as useful for wall jumping levels. She is somewhat similar to Spelunky, except that she can't dash downwards. She also doesn't fly as far as Spelunky, and her movement on land is very slippery, meaning she will slide uncontrollably for a moment when she changes direction.
- Naija is known to occasionally clip through walls.
- While this is the case with all characters when a lag spike occurs, Naija can simply clip through ledges at a certain angle.
- Example of the exploit can be found here.
- In the PC speedrunning community, Naija is sometimes used primarily on later levels (excluding The End and Cotton Alley), while others neglect her as they may find it too difficult to control her dashing movements.
- Nevertheless, her dash ability is especially useful for experienced players, and it is proven that the wall clip exploit is a useful strategy to use. This however, is barely effective for human runners as it requires precise timings to get the right angle to clip through walls. Thus, the use of wall clipping is only primarily implemented on Tool Assisted Speedruns (TAS).