Meat Boy is the titular protagonist of Meat Boy and Super Meat Boy. He is an anthropomorphic steak who is in a relationship with Bandage Girl. He not only loves Bandage Girl, but, because he has no skin, he needs her to stay alive. Thus, when she is captured by Dr. Fetus, he must rescue her.
Although he has no special abilities, he has one of the fastest movement speeds in the game, along with RunMan and the Ninja. This makes him effective in speedruns and generally completing levels quickly. He is also one of the only characters in the game who is able to complete every level. He leaves blood behind him as he runs, which stays there even after he dies and can be used to view failed strategies, and is the only playable character in boss battles.
Meat Boy is unlocked from the beginning of the game.
- Team Meat confirmed on Twitter that Meat Boy can circumcise and uncircumcise himself at will, referring to this ability as Schrodinger's foreskin.
- Edmund has confirmed that Meat Boy is not made of animal meat, Meaning he's made out of human meat.
- The sounds he emits sounds like a goo blob. Interestingly, Gish shares the same sounds with Meat Boy.
- Meat Boy has no dedicated warp zone.
- Meat Boy is the one of the fastest, meaning he is good for speed-runs.
- Meat Boy appears as the main antagonist in PETA's parody of Super Meat Boy called Super Tofu Boy
- Meat Boy and Bandage Girl are teenagers in Super Meat Boy 2010 as revealed in the Cursed Warpzone of Chipper Grove, or Dr. Fetus mistaked them as teenagers.
The sound that Meat Boy and Gish make when re-spawning after dying.
And meat boy child is Nugget